ABOUT THE COUNSELING DEPARTMENT
The Rio Mesa High School Counselors are dedicated to helping you throughout your high school career. We offer academic, personal, social, and college to career counseling. As servants to our students we are student advocates, organize parent-teacher conferences and tutoring programs, and provide referrals to community agencies.
For parents, we provide educational and long-range planning, ensure a positive learning environment, and will connect you to I-Parent, our online access to student attendance and academic progress. In addition, we provide information and events for community agencies, ROP, and assist foreign exchange students. Finally, we work in close partnership with the Career Center to provide services and information to colleges, trade schools, financial aid, scholarships, and the military.
- College Board
- UC Pathways
- CSU Mentor
- Financial Aid for College
- OUHSD Curriculum Framework
- OUHSD Graduation Requirements
- OUHSD Listing of Helpful Online Resources
- Scholarship Help
- Please read the SAT Test-Taking Procedures before test day.
- Visit www.testpreview.com to take practice tests like the ACT, ASVAB, CAHSEE, GED, and SAT, among many others.
Julissa Vasquez Guiandance Tech (Counseling Meetings and Scheduling) 278-3164
Christian Zuniga A-Dec
Carri McDevitt Ded-Ha & AVID
Stephanie Ceballos Hb-Mi & BTEA
Kristene Kenney Mj-Sam
Sylvia Gomez San-Z & MERIT
Cuba Montero ELD, IB Diploma, Foster, Migrant Ed, & Exchange Students
Karen Correa EAOP Counselor
Julissa Vasquez Guiandance Tech (Counseling Meetings and Scheduling)
- Interface Crisis Hotline – 211
- Kids 2 Kids – (805)573-0752 or (805)640-1632
- Food Pantry at Saint Paul’s – (805)643-5033
- Catholic Charities – (805)486-2900
- Rescue Mission – (805)487-1234
Rio Mesa offers the following Support Groups with professional therapists during the school day:
- Teen Issues
- Drug/ alcohol and tobacco
For more information about these groups, please call 805-278-5500