2020-2021 Schedule Change
During the 2020-21 school year, Oxnard Union High School District transitioned to a Quarter System. Each quarter course is equivalent to a semester course. In a semester system there were 56 instructional minutes per course. In our current quarter system there are 90 instructional minutes per course.
Many students in today’s high schools choose courses and work experiences in an unplanned, aimless manner, often resulting in limited career options and undeveloped potential. Innovative educators across the nation have responded by restructuring schools around career pathways. A career pathway is an integrated, multi-year sequence of career guidance, coursework, and work-based learning experiences that enables students to explore a variety of career choices and provides a context for learning.
Schools that are organized around career pathways give students an opportunity to use their experiences in the classroom and the workplace to help determine what they might or might not want to do, and gain a better understanding of the kinds of experience, skills, and education and training they will need to be successful in the workplace. The idea that students can begin to develop an initial career direction which provides a purpose and context for learning can motivate students, increase their achievement, and smooth the transition from school to work.
Natalie Magaña | College & Career Center Technician
Mirian Gutierrez | Regional Manager Destination College Advising Corps
Telephone: 1(805) 680-3610
What You Can Do Here…
- Learn about occupations and career
- Learn about universities, colleges, community colleges, and technical schools
- Attend presentations about colleges and careers
- Get college applications, scholarship applications and financial aid forms
- Register for the PSAT, SAT and ACT tests
- Find out about school-to-career opportunities such as job shadows and industry-related field trips
- Search for a job; check the job listings