Click on the Google icon above to find the Google Classroom code for your counselor!
The Rio Mesa High School Counselors are dedicated to helping you throughout your high school career. We offer academic, personal, social, and college to career counseling. As servants to our students, we are student advocates and provide referrals to community agencies.
For parents, we provide educational and long-range planning, ensure a positive learning environment, and will connect you to Parent VUE, our online access to student attendance and academic progress. In addition, we provide information and events for community agencies, ROP, and assist foreign exchange students. Finally, we work in close partnership with the College and Career Center to provide services and information to colleges, trade schools, financial aid, scholarships, and the military.
To schedule an appointment with a counselor, please contact the Guidance Tech, message your counselor through their Google Classroom, or use our new form to schedule an appointment.
|Name||Case Load||Contact Info|
IB Career Program
|Rafael Cahue||Student Intervention Specialistemail@example.com|
|Cuba Montero||Special Programs (ELD, IB Diploma, Foster, Migrant Ed & Exchange Students)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karen Correa||EAOP Counseloremail@example.com|
|Viridiana Duran||Guidance Tech||(805) 278-3164|
- College Board
- UC Pathways
- CSU Mentor
- Financial Aid for College
- OUHSD Curriculum Framework
- OUHSD Graduation Requirements
- OUHSD Listing of Helpful Online Resources
- Scholarship Help
- Please read the SAT Test-Taking Procedures before test day.
- Visit www.testpreview.com to take practice tests like the ACT, ASVAB, GED, and SAT, among many others.
For most up-to-date information, follow us on Twitter @RMHS_Counselors
- Interface Crisis Hotline – 211
- Kids 2 Kids – (805)573-0752 or (805)640-1632
- Food Pantry at Saint Paul’s – (805)643-5033
- Catholic Charities – (805)486-2900
- Rescue Mission – (805)487-1234
Rio Mesa offers the following Support Groups with professional therapists during the school day:
- Teen Issues
- Drug/ alcohol and tobacco
For more information about these groups, please contact your school counselor.