The Rio Mesa High School Counselors are dedicated to helping you throughout your high school career. We offer academic, personal, social, and college to career counseling. As servants to our students we are student advocates and provide referrals to community agencies.
For parents, we provide educational and long-range planning, ensure a positive learning environment, and will connect you to Parent VUE, our online access to student attendance and academic progress. In addition, we provide information and events for community agencies, ROP, and assist foreign exchange students. Finally, we work in close partnership with the College and Career Center to provide services and information to colleges, trade schools, financial aid, scholarships, and the military.
To schedule and appointment with a counselor, please contact the Guidance Tech.
Christian Zuniga A-DE email@example.com
Carri McDevitt DF-GOL & AVID firstname.lastname@example.org
Cristela Arriaga GOM-MENC email@example.com
Kristene Kenney MEND-RO firstname.lastname@example.org
Sylvia Gomez RP-Z & IB Career Program email@example.com
Cuba Montero Special Programs (ELD, IB Diploma, Foster, Migrant Ed & Exchange Students) firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Correa EAOP Counselor email@example.com
Intervention Specialist Rafael Cahue firstname.lastname@example.org
Viridiana Duran Guiandance Tech (805) 278-3164
- College Board
- UC Pathways
- CSU Mentor
- Financial Aid for College
- OUHSD Curriculum Framework
- OUHSD Graduation Requirements
- OUHSD Listing of Helpful Online Resources
- Scholarship Help
- Please read the SAT Test-Taking Procedures before test day.
- Visit www.testpreview.com to take practice tests like the ACT, ASVAB, GED, and SAT, among many others.
For most up-to-date information, follow us on Twitter @RMHS_Counselors
- Interface Crisis Hotline – 211
- Kids 2 Kids – (805)573-0752 or (805)640-1632
- Food Pantry at Saint Paul’s – (805)643-5033
- Catholic Charities – (805)486-2900
- Rescue Mission – (805)487-1234
Rio Mesa offers the following Support Groups with professional therapists during the school day:
- Teen Issues
- Drug/ alcohol and tobacco
For more information about these groups, please contact your school counselor.