Middle Years Programme
What is an IB Education?
For 9th and 10th graders
9th graders are Year 4
10th graders are Year 5
Personal Project Coordinator:
How is teaching and learning in the MYP programme any different from what we would normally be doing in a classroom?
Every class explicitly focuses on five approaches to learning
ATL skills prove a solid foundation for learning independently and with others, demonstrating learning and reflecting on the process of learning. They help students to become more autonomous, strategic and self-motivated and ultimately prepare students for responsible participation in local and global contexts. These skills should be explicitly taught in the subject areas and students are given time to practice, reflect, and receive feedback on their acquisition of these skills.
- Language Acquisition (ELD, Spanish, and French)
- Language and Literature (English and Native Speaker Spanish)
- Individuals and Societies (AP Human Geography, Ethnic Studies, and World History)
- Sciences (Biology and Chemistry)
- Mathematics (Math 1, Math 2 and Math 3)
- Physical and Heath Education
Click the Image for more information:
Students experience the responsibility of completing a significant piece of work over an extended period of time, as well as the need to reflect on their learning and the outcomes of their work—key skills that prepare students for success in further study, the workplace and the community.